Denmark has introduced new rules for Permanent Residency which, are applicable for applications submitted for PR on or after 1st July 2012.
- Elimination of the current requirement for citizenship, which can be met by citizenship activities or citizenship test
- Requiring that you must have lived legally in Denmark for at least 5 years
- Requiring that the applicant must have passed minimum Danish Test 1 (former Danish Test 2)
- Requiring that you must have been in regular employment or training at least 3 years within the last 5 years (both part-and full-time jobs are included)
- Special rules for applicants who have reached retirement age, disability pensioners and refugees who have lived legally in this country for over the last 8 years and has demonstrated its commitment to integration
The extension of minimum stay of 5 years is considered as a positive move of Danish government towards its efforts to make overseas skilled professionals live for more years in Denmark. Also, a relaxation is given in the form of acceptance of part times jobs towards requisition of 3 years work experience in last 5 years.
For more information, log on www.settleindenmark.com
You can also call on our toll free number for expert guidance, just dial 1800 103 1555.